Here are the latest views taken from the Middle of Anywhere by people just like you using #MyAnywhere.
Here are the latest views taken from the Middle of Anywhere by people just like you using #MyAnywhere.
No Purchase Necessary to Enter. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning a prize.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter are not affiliated with the Sponsor in any way.
1. Contest Period: The U.S. Cellular “#MyAnywhere” Contest (“Contest”) sponsored by U.S. Cellular (“Sponsor”) begins on May 23, 2016 at 12:00:01 p.m. Central Time (“CT”) and ends on June 26, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. CT (the “Contest Period”).
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia (“D.C.”) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who are U.S. Cellular customers as of May 22, 2016. Void elsewhere and where prohibited by law. If you are between the ages of 18 and 21 and deemed a minor in the state in which you reside (a “Minor”), you must have the consent of your parent or legal guardian to enter the Contest. Proof of consent may be required at any time. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, PROMOSIS, Inc. (“Independent Judging Organization”), their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, authorized agents, sales representatives, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies, and members of the immediate families (defined as including spouse, biological, adoptive and step-parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are not eligible to participate in this Contest. Non-eligibility or non-compliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification, at the discretion of the Independent Judging Organization. Entrants agree to the release of their name, address, mobile phone number, and email information to Promosis, Inc. for winner notification purposes and for public winner disclosure as required by law. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s (or his/her parent’s or legal guardian’s, if a Minor) full and unconditional agreement to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Independent Judging Organization, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest.
3. To Enter: Entrants must have a valid Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter account* and a valid email address, and must follow the U.S. Cellular #MyAnywhere contest posts on the above social media. To enter, create an original photo of a location or landscape that best illustrates your “Middle of Anywhere”. Submit your entry by uploading and tagging the photo @uscellular and #MyAnywhere on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook, any time during the Contest Period. Entrant’s social media account used to submit the entry must be public (an account where anyone can view or subscribe to your photos). The social media account through which you submit your entry may not be a shared, corporate, or organization account. Entries must comply with the “Submission Requirements and Content Restrictions” set forth in Rule 4, below. Entries must be submitted by the deadline in each of five (5) separate Weekly Entry Periods to be eligible for that week’s prizes. Weekly Entry Periods are as follows:
Week 1: 12:00:01 p.m. CT 5/23/16 – 11:59:59 p.m. CT 5/29/16
Week 2: 12:00:01 a.m. CT 5/30/16 – 11:59:59 p.m. CT 6/5/16
Week 3: 12:00:01 a.m. CT 6/6/16 – 11:59:59 p.m. CT 6/12/16
Week 4: 12:00:01 a.m. CT 6/13/16 – 11:59:59 p.m. CT 6/19/16
Week 5: 12:00:01 a.m. CT 6/20/16 – 11:59:59 p.m. CT 6/26/16
You may enter as many times as you wish, but each entry must be a unique photo. The same unique photo shared by an entrant on multiple social media platforms will constitute a single entry for purposes of this Contest. Entries that do not include the hashtag #MyAnywhere and do not properly tag @uscellular or Uscellular will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to publish any submitted entries, in full or in part, in any and all media. Publication of an entry is not intended to indicate that the entry has been selected as a prize winner or is favored in any way. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned, except as provided herein. Proof of submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries by an entrant who submits the same entry multiple times or enters by using multiple/different or fraudulent email addresses, social media accounts or identities, or any other entry method that is not allowed under these Official Rules. No robotic or otherwise automated entries or use of third-party entry services allowed. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. CT on June 26, 2016.
If you choose to enter via a mobile device, you will be responsible for all related charges. Please consult your service plan prior to entering via a mobile device.
4. Submission Requirements/Content Restrictions: Entries must be original, unpublished, conceived and created entirely by the entrant, and not previously or currently submitted for consideration in any other contest or promotion. Modifying, enhancing, or altering a third party’s preexisting work does not qualify as an entrant’s original creation. Entry images must be original and unaltered, and must not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, privacy/publicity rights, intellectual property rights, or public/private property rights of any person or entity. Entrants must obtain written permission for use in this Contest from any person other than the entrant who is included in the submitted image. If any person depicted in the entry is considered a Minor in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides, the entrant must secure written permission from that person’s parent or legal guardian. Proof of written permission may be required at any time. Entry photos must be of locations and/or landscapes; photo subjects may include people and/or animals, but must not consist mainly of people and/or animals. Entrants must use caution and common sense when creating their entries. In addition, entries must conform to the following requirements and restrictions:
The above list is not meant to be exhaustive. If an entry is determined by the Independent Judging Organization or Sponsor to be in violation of any of the foregoing requirements, or unsuitable for inclusion in this Contest for any reason, the entry will NOT be deemed eligible for this Contest. By submitting an entry, entrant (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if a Minor) hereby warrants and represents that the entry conforms to all requirements and restrictions set forth herein and that publication of the entry via various media, including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Each entrant (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if a Minor) hereby indemnifies and holds harmless Sponsor from and against any claims to the contrary.
*LIMITED LICENSE: THE SPONSOR’S TRADEMARKS AND COPYRIGHTED MATERIALS (“SPONSOR’S MARKS”) MAY BE USED FOR PURPOSES OF THIS CONTEST, ONLY. NO OTHER RIGHTS IN OR TO SPONSOR’S MARKS ARE GRANTED UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
POSTS SUBMITTED IN THIS CONTEST WERE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER.
5. Judging Criteria: All entries will be judged on the following criteria, with equal weight given to each, in all rounds of judging:
(i) overall quality, creativity, and clarity of entry;
(ii) how well the entry conveys the idea of your “Middle of Anywhere”; and
(iii) appropriateness of the entry to be used in connection with the U.S. Cellular brand
6. Judging/ Winner Notification/ Verification: Weekly entries will be judged by the Independent Judging Organization during the week following each Weekly Entry Period deadline to determine approximately twenty (20) finalists for that week’s prizes, based on the established criteria listed above. Finalists will be contacted by the Independent Judging Organization, via social media platform direct message, to obtain email address and mobile phone number for U.S. Cellular customer status and general eligibility verification. Verified finalist entries will be judged to determine not more than three (3) Winners for each Weekly Entry Period (each a “Weekly Winner”). Weekly Winner judging will be conducted by a qualified panel comprised of Sponsor’s marketing department and advertising agency experts, under the supervision of the Independent Judging Organization. In the event of a tie in the finalist judging, the tied entries will be re-judged using the identical criteria until the designated number of finalists are determined. In the event of a tie in the Weekly Winner judging, the tied finalist entries will be re-judged using the identical criteria until the Weekly Winners are determined. Sponsor reserves the right to designate fewer than three (3) Weekly Winners (or none at all) if the Contest does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and/or qualified entries in any week, as determined by the Independent Judging Organization in its sole discretion. The entrants who submitted the entries that are judged to be the Weekly Winners will be subject to follow-up individual notification, via email from Promosis, to verify eligibility for the Weekly Prize and inclusion in the final round Grand Prize judging described below. All verified Weekly Prize winners will be re-judged approximately between June 27, 2016 and June 30, 2016 to determine the one (1) overall Contest Grand Prize winner. Grand Prize judging will be conducted by a qualified panel comprised of Sponsor’s marketing and advertising agency department experts, under the supervision of the Independent Judging Organization. Any entry or entrant that is determined to be invalid or ineligible according to the judging criteria and eligibility requirements after being selected as a potential finalist or winner will be disqualified, and the entry that received the next-highest score from the judging panel in the applicable round of judging will be deemed the finalist or prize winner (as applicable). Each winner (or winner’s parent or legal guardian, if a Minor) will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility or Winner Verification and liability/publicity release (where permitted) that must be returned and received within two (2) days of the date sent to the potential winner. If, in the Independent Judging Organization’s sole opinion, an entry is determined to be ineligible according to the judging and eligibility criteria or a potential winner does not respond to the eligibility or winner notification or refuses to accept the prize, that entry will be disqualified, and the entry that received the next-highest score from the judging panel in the applicable round of judging will be deemed the prize winner, pending verification. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules. Weekly Winners will be announced as they are verified; Grand Prize Winner will be announced on or about July 1, 2016, following verification. Sponsor is not responsible for inability of a winner to accept a prize in accordance with these Official Rules.
7. Prizes/ Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”)/ Prize Conditions: Fifteen (15) Weekly Prizes are available to be awarded (up to three (3) prizes awarded per Weekly Entry Period). Weekly Prizes will consist of the following:
Week 1: Samsung Gear VR – Virtual Reality headset (ARV = $100 each)
Week 2: Samsung Level On headphones (ARV = $170 each)
Week 3: Samsung Galaxy S7 5.1” display Smartphone (ARV = $672 each)
Week 4: Samsung Gear S2 Smartwatch (ARV = $300 each)
Week 5: Samsung Level Box Mini wireless speaker (ARV = $100 each)
One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded, consisting of the following: A “Trip to Anywhere” for four (4) (winner and three (3) guests) to a destination of winner’s choice within the 50 United States/D.C. Trip must be scheduled and completed by June 26, 2017, or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Prize includes round trip air travel for four (4) from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest the winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor) to the chosen destination, accommodations (2 rooms, double occupancy), and ground transportation between the airport and the hotel, plus $3,000 cash for the winner to be used toward expenses or to help with taxes. ARV of Grand Prize = $15,000. Maximum value of the trip portion of the Grand Prize may not exceed $12,000. Winner may plan any unspecified details of the trip (destination, duration, etc.), subject to Sponsor’s approval and within the $12,000 prize trip budget. Actual value may vary based on timing of trip, location of departure city, airfare fluctuations and assessment of prize elements publicly available at time trip is booked. Difference between the actual value of the trip and the ARV, if any, will not be awarded in additional cash or in any other form.
Winner and guests must travel together on the same itinerary, and are solely responsible for obtaining any and all required travel documentation. Prize trip and its components are subject to scheduling availability and certain other restrictions. Sponsor will not be responsible for replacement of any lost or stolen airline tickets or travel vouchers once they are in winner's possession or in the possession of the winner’s guests. Sponsor is not responsible for any postponement, delays, or cancellation of air travel in connection with the prize trip, and no refund or compensation will be made in the event of such occurrences. No changes will be made to travel details once the travel arrangements have been booked, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. The winner’s guests must be of the age of majority in the jurisdictions in which they reside, subject to the following exception: a guest may be a minor if the guest is the child or legal ward of the winner, or of another of winner’s adult guests. Each guest (or if a permissible Minor, the guest’s parent/legal guardian on the minor's behalf) will be required to complete and return a Liability and Publicity Release, as a condition of accompanying winner on trip. Travel is subject to the restrictions and conditions set forth herein and any that may be communicated to the winner and guests prior to the prize trip.
The winner and guests are each solely responsible for obtaining any necessary travel documents (including government-issued photo identification).
The winner and guests are responsible for all in-room charges (e.g., mini-bar, movies), telephone calls, meals, beverages, gratuities, upgrades, personal incidentals, amenities, additional ground transportation and any other fees and expenses not specifically mentioned in these Official Rules as being included in the prize.
Total ARV of all prizes in this Contest: $19,026. All prizes consist only of the items described above. Prizes are non-transferable; no cash redemption or other substitutions allowed, in whole or in part, except as provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value if an advertised prize (or portion thereof) becomes unavailable for any reason. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of qualifying entries is received and prizes are claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules. The winners are fully responsible for all applicable federal, state and local income taxes on their prizes. Winners of prizes with a total ARV of $600 or more will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the value of the prize won. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. If the number of prize notifications for any prizes exceed the number of such prizes available in accordance with these Official Rules, the intended number of applicable prizes will be awarded from among all claimants for that prize based on the judging criteria outlined in these Official Rules. Judging in this case (if necessary) will be conducted by the same panel of qualified judges described above. All prize winners are subject to verification by Promosis, Inc. before any prize will be awarded. By accepting a prize, each winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if a Minor) acknowledges that the Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose.
8. Rights Granted to Sponsor: By entering this Contest, entrant (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if a Minor) agrees to assign all rights of ownership of the entry to the Sponsor, including but not limited to copyright, publicity rights, and sub-licensable, royalty-free, fully paid, unlimited, worldwide license and right, without limitation or compensation and without further permission, to reproduce, publish, display, edit, adapt, modify, distribute, develop, make derivative works from, and otherwise use his/her entry in whole or in part for any commercial or non-commercial purposes in any manner and in any medium now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity.
By entering this Contest, each entrant (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if a Minor) further agrees as follows:
(i) entrant will not instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action or lawsuit against the Sponsor on the basis that any use of his/her entry infringes any of his/her rights as creator of such entry;
(ii) his/her entry is gratuitous, unsolicited, and without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligations other than those contained in these Official Rules, and Sponsor is free to disclose the ideas contained in the entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas therein without any compensation to entrant. Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than participant;
(iii) entrant will not now or in the future be paid or compensated in any way for his/her entry or for granting the Sponsor any of the rights set out in these Official Rules, except in the event an entrant’s image and/or the image(s) of any third parties captured in the entrant’s Work is used in a TV commercial subject to the SAG-AFTRA Commercials Contract, entrant agrees to sign and be bound by the terms and conditions of such standard contract and to be paid the minimum applicable compensation set by the collective bargaining entity and have secured the same authorization and agreement from all associated third parties as well.; and
(iv) Sponsor is not obligated to make use of any of the rights granted in these Official Rules.
Sponsor may require any entrant (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if a Minor) to execute documents to confirm the grant of rights hereunder; failure to do so may result in the disqualification.
9. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) electronic transmissions or entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected, or not received by Sponsor for any reason; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, or for deletion, theft or destruction of, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network or software; (iv) causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest; (v) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (vi) any typographical or other error in any printing or advertising relating to the Contest, in the administration or execution of the Contest, or in the announcement of the prize winners; or (vii) cheating or fraud by any participant. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified. If for any reason the Contest cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to any printing, administrative, human, or other error of any kind, transmission failure, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, or if the Contest is compromised or becomes corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest without notice. If the Contest is terminated prior to the stated end date of the Contest Period, the judging panel described above may, at the discretion of the Sponsor: (i) determine the Weekly Winners for the Weekly Entry Period the in progress from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time/date of termination on the basis of the judging criteria outlined above. Thereafter, no further Weekly Winners will be selected; and (ii) determine the Grand Prize winner from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time/date of termination on the basis of the judging criteria outlined above. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry or judging process or the operation of the Contest, or who acts in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the owner of the authorized Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter account (as applicable) used to submit the entry, and such person must comply with these Official Rules. By entering, each entrant (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if a Minor) agrees, to the extent allowed by applicable law, to indemnify, release, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Samsung, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims and causes of action whatsoever, including but not limited to claims and causes of action related to any injury, loss, damage, violation of privacy rights or defamation, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, to person, including death, and/or property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from their participation in this Contest, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize (if applicable), including but not limited to all travel related thereto.
10. Publicity: Acceptance of a prize constitutes the winner’s (or his/her parent’s or legal guardian’s, if a Minor) consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, handle, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, statements, hometowns and/or states for advertising and promotional purposes in commerce and in any and all media, worldwide, (including but not limited to internet and social media) without limitation and without further notice, consent or compensation, except where prohibited. Acceptance of a prize also constitutes the winner’s (or his/her parent’s or legal guardian’s, if a Minor) consent to participate in media interviews on behalf of Sponsor at mutually agreed time frames with notice.
12. Dispute Resolution/ Venue/ Governing Law: By participating, each entrant (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if a Minor) agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Contest or the prizes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal, state or local court located in Cook County, Illinois; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including but not limited to costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) to the extent allowed by applicable law, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if a Minor) hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Illinois. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
13. Severability: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
14. Winners List: For the names of the winners, mail a standard-size postcard, only, with your return address to: U.S. Cellular “#MyAnywhere” Contest Winners List, PO Box 38, Marblehead, MA 01945. Requests must be received by September 26, 2016. Names of winners will be available only after winners have been verified and prizes officially awarded. Do not send entries or other correspondence to this address.
15. Sponsor: This Contest is sponsored solely by United States Cellular Corporation, 8410 W. Bryn Mawr Ave., Chicago, Il 60631-3486 | Samsung does not sponsor or endorse this Contest.
Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding this Contest must be directed to the Sponsor, only, and NOT to Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.
All trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.